An exciting opportunity has arisen to join my client as a Trainee Claims Handler.
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 - 6 months) you will take responsibility for your own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
High Level of Training & Development!! Perfect role for a school/college leaver that wishes to pursue a professional career.
- Fantastic communications skills
- Ability to work well within a team and under pressure
- Excellent computer skills
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent grades A-C including Maths & English
- Previous office experience is preferred
Hours: Full time/Permanent
Starting salary: £16,500 rising to £21,000 after 3 years!
If this sounds like something of interest, and you have the relevant skills/ experience, please call one of our Consultants at Specialist Recruit on 01306 779250 or apply online.
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, a consultant will be in touch should you be successful for the role.
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the "Data Subject/Candidate", will be supplying Specialist Recruit International Ltd with "Personal Sensitive Data". Full details of how our agency complies with the new GDPR legislation can be found on our website and will be confirmed upon registration.